8.09.2009

Lucky In Love

Well with all the recent events going on around here I haven't blogged much.... Not for lack of things to say but rather for lack of wanting to recall most of it. My Dad spent almost 2 weeks in ICU during and after having 2 major emergency surgeries in May and he's still not fully recovered, although he's doing surprisingly well considering all that he's been through. But it's not over, he'll have to undergo another surgery to repair everything and that should happen sometime late this year or early 2010. We still went on our cruise as planned, my Dad wouldn't have been happy if we had stayed home and he urged us to go. I felt guilty most of the time for leaving him but I still managed to enjoy myself and my family.

Not long after things seem to be settling down, one of my worst nightmares came true. Have you ever had a dream where you lose a tooth? I have and I always wake up in a panic! I work in a dental office and teeth are very important to me. I actually went through dental assisting school as a way to ensure that I would always have dental 'insurance' even if I didn't have the traditional insurance. You can't even imagine the horror when I felt my tooth break off in my mouth! It broke off at the gum line and was unable to be saved. I had such a melt down that Roxann (our office manager and my friend) had to call her husband to drive me to the oral surgeon to have the tooth removed. It took over an hour to remove my tooth and they had to use a hammer and a chisel, I actually thought my jaw was going to be ripped off (not because of anything the oral surgeon was doing wrong, just because of the hammering... trust me, I went to the best oral surgeon in the East Valley). I was down for about a week and the first 4 days were really hard. But things are healing nicely and now I just have to wait until November and then I'll have an implant placed.



With all that going on I've been less than pleasant to be around. I've been more than grouchy to say the least... But even on my worst day my husband loves me just the same. He makes everything better for me when I can't see the silver lining. For this I am forever grateful. So this weekend it was all about me. He took me on a date on Friday night, dinner and a movie and then he shopped ALL day and I do mean ALL day on Saturday! We started at about 9:30am and didn't finish until about 8:30pm. We went to Ross, Kohl's, Bed Bath & Beyond, Lena's, Hobby Lobby, Target, Walmart, Burlington Coat Factory & JCPenney's Home Store in search of the perfect picture and curtains to match. Now I must also add that we went to Ross, JCPenney's and Bed Bath & Beyond twice. Not only did he do all of this but he alos hung the curtain rod (the curtains had to be special ordered for length) and the picture! He's amazing and I'm so lucky that he's my husband!

1 comments:

the bero's said...

I seriously have re-ocurring nightmanres about my teeth falling out! Oh my GOD I would have had a meltdown too! Way to go Mike for being awesome!