11.15.2009

Crazy Days...

Things have been super crazy around here lately... My Dad had surgery on Nov. 2nd and stayed in the hospital for over a week. My husband had surgery on Nov. 4th and even though it was out patient surgery, he was down for about a week. Although he did manage to take me to out to dinner and to see Phantom of the Opera on Nov. 6th because he had purchased the tickets months ago. He felt horrible but really wanted to take me out, what a great guy!! Then on Friday the 13th I had my tooth implant placed! Painful? Not really, but very cool to watch. While all of this has been going on I have managed to complete almost all of my Christmas shopping and I've also finished Mason's birthday shopping for Feb! Look at me go! I'm in the mood for the holidays and I just want to enjoy them with my family this year instead of worrying about buying gifts and what not. I do that every year so I thought I would try something new this year. Plus we've cut back a lot. Christmas around our house had gotten a bit out of hand... I always want people to have a ton of gifts to open so I buy like crazy. I didn't do that this year and I have to say I feel good about that. I'm ready for Thanksgiving too! My sister and I have decided to take over the Thanksgiving meal this year so that my Mom doesn't have to worry about anything. We bought a Honeybaked Ham and we're making all the sides ourselves, I'm bringing my famous homemade Macaroni & Cheese...YUM! Plus I can't wait for Thanksgiving because that means I get to bring out all the Christmas decorations on Thanksgiving night after we get home from our folks, and get to work on getting my Christmas on ;) I can't wait! In the meantime I better get a move on wrapping these gifts.... I have more scheduled to be delivered next week :)


3 comments:

the bero's said...

i totally go overboard with gifts too. I am so jealous you are so far ahead of the game! way to go...


I haven't bought a single thing yet this year.

Chet, Shelly and the 3 little peas in our pod said...

Jamie! I was so glad to hear from you, but hope your "patients" are doing well after their surgeries. Wishing them a speedy recovery. Miss you guys like crazy...so jealous about Phantom tickets. Tell everyone hi. My phone got stolen so I lost ALL of my phone numbers, but I still have the same number. I'll be down in December and I'll stop by so Laney can see her faves!

Heather said...

Hi Jamie! Thanks for your comment, we love our kids! I hope you and yours are doing well and you have a wonderful holiday season.